Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest forms of digital marketing-based marketing where you refer someone to buy any product online and when that person buys a product based on your recommendation you will receive a commission.
Every big company like Amazon, Apple, Google has an affiliate program, which is free to join globally. If you don’t already know about this, read this article carefully, you are about to discover one of the most interesting aspects of making money from home.
Commissions can vary from $1 to $10,000 depending on the product you are promoting.
Here’s how to join affiliate marketing in 4 easy steps:
- You join an affiliate program
- You choose a product to advertise (You will receive a unique marketing link).
- You share the link via social networks, blogs, YouTube videos, Facebook ads, or any other means.
- When someone makes a purchase, you earn a commission.
Any company that sells products online, offers an affiliate program, you can join for free.
You just need to sign up for the program and get your unique tracking link. Now, whenever you write about their product, you can simply use that link to include in the company profile. If your reader buys anything by clicking on your affiliate link, you will get a commission.
How to Start Affiliate Marketing for Newbies
You can get started with Affiliate Marketing in many ways.
Here are a few that you can choose from:
Create a blog in a niche and use it to promote products. This is the best and easiest way to start an affiliate marketing business. Example: Start a blog about women’s shoes, Crafted Products, etc.
Buy traffic from PPC sites like Google, Facebook, Quora and drive traffic to affiliate products or services. This is called PPC marketing, and those who have taken a basic course in digital marketing can understand it better.
Create a YouTube channel and promote products.
Create an email list by creating a website.
Create a Podcast and showcase the product.
Here are the steps to get started with affiliate marketing through your blog:
Start building a blog
- Choose a profitable industry and then choose a niche for your blog
- Choose affiliate products that you can promote
- Create content around those products
- Drive traffic to your website/affiliate posts
- Use email marketing services to capture visitor emails
- Create an email sequence for funnel automation
- Focus on driving more traffic and repeat the process.
The reason blogging is one of the most effective ways to get started with affiliate marketing is because it requires little capital investment and you can learn everything from building a blog. What really matters is how much effort and time you put into developing your affiliate marketing business.
Affiliate marketing terms:
Here are some common terms associated with affiliate marketing:
- Publisher: Affiliate program participants, like you and me, are using affiliate program links to promote and sell.
- Affiliate Network: Platforms that act as database hubs for affiliate programs in different niches.
- Tracking link: A special tracking link provided by your affiliate program to control which Publisher’s advertising orders are generated.
- Payment methods: Different affiliate programs offer different payment methods.